<% Option Explicit Response.Buffer = True Response.Expires = 0 %> Hague Services - FAQs
Contact PFI About PFI Frequently Asked Questions
Hague Service Convention Inter-American Convention Letters Rogatory Other Services
Place Order
Status of Order
Make Payment
Proof of Service

Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I serve documents in the United States?
A. Two methods are available for serving legal documents in the United States:
1. Formal: Formal service is effected by using The Hague Service Convention and the US Central Authority. This is advised in all cases.
2. Informal: Informal service can be effected by using Federal Civil Rule 4 governing service of process.
Q. What is a Letter Rogatory?
A. Letter Rogatory is a formal request from a court in one country to "the appropriate judicial authorities" in another country to effect service of process. Although statutory authority generally refers to the instrument as a "Letter Rogatory", the terms "Letter Rogatory" and "Letter of Request" (which is used specifically in the Hague Evidence Convention) have come to be virtually synonymous in actual practice.